another factoring thing. . . .

camp at industrial.com camp at industrial.com
Fri Dec 30 21:26:49 PST 1994

Hey did anyone see the artical, some time ago in Science News (May 14,
1994) their was this artical on using a 'quantum computer'.  Through
the marvels of quantum mechanics it is theroretically possible to
build a computer that would be really good at factoring large numbers
such as the ones used in RSA.  This combined with team sieving could
possibly be used to signifigantly reduce the time required to factor
a key.  Any thougts, did anyone else see the artical, has there already
been a really stimulating discusion that I missed?  Well let me know.

gemnis