DigiCash unlicensed for US use

Jonathan Cooper entropy at IntNet.net
Wed Dec 28 16:08:12 PST 1994

> It says very clearly at the DigiCash web site that the technology is NOT
> LICENSED FOR USE IN THE USA. I've been using the client quite happily from
> there are obviously difficulties in using it there.

   Marvelous.  Regardless of licensing, if you were to look at the list
of shops which accept DigiCash e-$, you'd notice that a fairly large
number of them are in the United States.

   (see http://www.digicash.nl/ecash/shops.html)

   The document I refer to (http://www.digicash.nl/ecash/trial.html) also
states that attendees of a W3 conference in Chicago will receive $50.00
in extra e-$.  This would seem to preclude US citizenship being a
stumbling block to being in on the testing program.  Perhaps I'm just not
3133+ enough.

-jon
( --------[ Jonathan D. Cooper ]--------[ entropy at intnet.net ]-------- )
( PGP 2.6.2 keyprint: 31 50 8F 82 B9 79 ED C4  5B 12 A0 35 E0 9B C0 01 )
( home page: http://hyperreal.com/~entropy/ ]-------[ Key-ID: 4082CCB5 )