DigiCash unlicensed for US use

rishab at dxm.ernet.in rishab at dxm.ernet.in
Wed Dec 28 15:43:19 PST 1994

Someone:

> >   I don't think so.  It appears that the initial implementation of
> >DigiCash works exactly that way [based on what I've read on their W3
> >server].  Of course, I could tell you more exactly had they replied to
> >any of my four separate attempts to try it out ..
>
> Interesting. I too have made four requests and still not received any
> software. Can you say "vapor?"
>
>    dave

It says very clearly at the DigiCash web site that the technology is NOT
LICENSED FOR USE IN THE USA. I've been using the client quite happily from
India; though I know for sure that US sites (eg. HotWired) have e-cash servers,
there are obviously difficulties in using it there.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh                                "In between the breaths is
rishab at dxm.ernet.in                                  the space where we live"
rishab at arbornet.org                                        - Lawrence Durrell
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA