Breaking into girlfriend's files

Jonathon Fletcher jonathon.fletcher at psych.stir.ac.uk
Fri Dec 23 22:42:55 PST 1994

  It seems a little strange that cypherpunks are arguing over whether or
not to disclose information about a (supposedly) cryptographic product
to a certain individual.

  Let's relate this this to other examples of restricting cryptographic
information - can anyone think of any groups or organisations that do
this ? Okay, now we've thought of a couple, lets compare reasons
(left as exercise for the reader) for the restriction of this
information and our opinions on those restrictions.

  Have I made my point ? Should we change the infamous slogan to:
"Cyperpunks is watching you". Someone asked a techical question about
cryptography, other list members answered it.

  Can we now get on with more relevant matter ?

-Jon

--
  Jonathon Fletcher,
  j.fletcher at stirling.ac.uk