reading someone's files

Perry E. Metzger perry at imsi.com
Fri Dec 23 12:26:35 PST 1994

Re: The Norton Encryption thread

I'm suprised that no one has given the obvious answers on this
topic. If you have physical access to someone's machine, it is trivial
to find out what their encryption keys are. After all, the victim
types into the machine regularly -- recording all their keystrokes is
not a difficult matter at all.

Now, I agree with all the people who note that violating people's
privacy is wrong and that this individual should get a new girlfriend
rather than learning how to hack her files, but from a technical point
of view there is no challenge here at all.

Perry