Breaking into girlfriend's files

L. McCarthy lmccarth at thor.cs.umass.edu
Thu Dec 22 16:45:30 PST 1994

Dave Horsfall writes:
> ADAM GERSTEIN, _THE_ MACGURU writes:
> > A friend of mine thinks his girlfriend has been cheating on him, and
> > thinks the proof may be in a few Norton Encrypt files.  Is there anyway
> > to get the password with a data/resource editor, or is he shit-out-of-luck
> Boy; talk about an inappropriate use of technology...  Is "privacy"
> in that guy's vocabulary?  I respectfully submit that if he has to
> start snooping on her, the relationship is over anyway.

My sentiments exactly. Whether or not she's two-timing, I imagine she'd be
pretty upset (and justifiably so) if she knew her boyfriend wants to break
into her private documents. He should *ask* her straight out to confirm or
deny his suspicions. If he doesn't like the answer, he should get out.

Someone needs to give her PGP ASAP, IMHO....

-L. Futplex McCarthy