GUI: PGP vs novices

Dave Horsfall dave at esi.COM.AU
Tue Dec 20 21:05:56 PST 1994

On Tue, 20 Dec 1994, Dave Del Torto relayed to us:

> I'd estimate that _maybe_ 10 of the roughly 250+ people I've spent quality
> time explaining PGP to are still using it.

Egad.  I suppose I shouldn't feel too annoyed that out of over fifty
copies of PGP (from the 2.3A days) I've distributed (at my own expense)
to radio amateurs in Australia (for authentication on packet radio),
with two lectures and an article in a national magazine, and
exhortations to call me about any problems, precisely two other people
are using it (but are not signing their messages); and these were
already crypto-aware to start with - sigh...

I'm not going to give up - at least my signature is generating enquiries.

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU) | dave at esi.com.au | VK2KFU @ VK2AAB.NSW.AUS.OC | PGP 2.6
Opinions expressed are mine. | E7 FE 97 88 E5 02 3C AE  9C 8C 54 5B 9A D4 A0 CD