cypherpunks mentioned in Z Magazine

Mark Chen chen at intuit.com
Tue Dec 20 16:13:33 PST 1994

> There was an article in Z Magazine about the RC4 disclosure, and IP and
> information in general on the internet, in which the cypherpunks were
> mentioned.  They got a lot of information confused about cypherpunks, but
> over all it was an interesting article.  Here's the first portion of the
> article, in which cypherpunks were given prominence.
> If anyone wants to write them and clear up their confusion between
> anonymous remailers and mailing lists, or other errors about the 'punks
> (which generally cast us in a worse light then we should be), their address
> is:
> Z Magazine
> 18 Millfield St
> Woods Hole, MA 02543

As I've explained to Eric privately, I was the victim of a little
editorial activism.  The sentence about "the Cypherpunks' 'anonymous
remailer,' list," is not mine.  My original text included a longer
description of remailers, which the editors decided to elide for the
sake of brevity.  This was done without my consent.

As to "other errors," please clarify.  I certainly had no intention of
casting Cypherpunks in a bad light.

--
Mark Chen
chen at netcom.com
415/329-6913
finger for PGP public key
D4 99 54 2A 98 B1 48 0C  CF 95 A5 B0 6E E0 1E 1D