c'punks top 5

Jonathan Cooper entropy at IntNet.net
Tue Dec 20 14:39:17 PST 1994

> 	It might also be nice to encrypt the connection from client to
> proxy.  Otherwise, this service only protects you from the server
> knowing who you are.  If you add encryption, then it begins to offer
> anonymity agianst people watching the proxy.  (Assuming there are
> multiple connections to the proxy.)

   In that case, you could make a local daemon software "wedge" that
you'd connect to that would open an encrypted connection to the proxy.
Should be rather easy.  Like I said before, implementation doesn't seem
incredibly hard, but I've not seen a deluge of people offering up their
boxes for this use.

-jon
( --------[ Jonathan D. Cooper ]--------[ entropy at intnet.net ]-------- )
( PGP 2.6.2 keyprint: 31 50 8F 82 B9 79 ED C4  5B 12 A0 35 E0 9B C0 01 )
( home page: http://hyperreal.com/~entropy/ ]-------[ Key-ID: 4082CCB5 )