(fwd) Newt says Clipper Chip is Dead

James A. Donald jamesd at netcom.com
Mon Dec 19 21:58:20 PST 1994

Jonathan Rochkind wrote:
> Eh? What condition is that? I don't understand.

A true politician never has one clear meaning.

My interpretation is that he is saying that the stable door
is open and the horse has already bolted -- that it is now
impossible to prevent people from communicating secretly if
they wish, except by totalitarian measuresB.

He has sometimes said stuff that echoes TCMay -- that the revolution
in communications will transform society and undermine the power
of government.

Of course now that he is on the inside, rather than the outside,
he may change his attitude to this coming revolution.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            jamesd at netcom.com