Name that phone

jRT jrt at asiaonline.net
Sun Dec 18 21:57:15 PST 1994

On Sun, 18 Dec 1994, Philip Zimmermann wrote:

> I'm trying to come up with a name for the secure phone software I'm
> planning on releasing.  The software would turn any multimedia PC
> into a secure phone.

Good luck with it.  From the name it figures that you're gonna use the
PGP as the engine.

As an aside, several years ago... I knew people who used
'crypto-phones'...all they did was time-slicing and basic simple scrambling.

They sliced up the conversation into 1/100ths of a second and
regurgitated it at the other end.  A friend of mine could listen to the
'encoded' output and tell you exactly what they were saying...in real
time :>

I guess PGP should be better  (or 1/10000 sec time slices :> )

just for interest.
jRT