The Thread That Wouldn't Die (Was: Re: McCoy is Right!)

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Fri Dec 16 16:54:43 PST 1994

L. McCarthy wrote:
[regarding MIME]

>Well it certainly is not essential for todays messages.
>
>Drop into alt.binaries.pictures.*
>
>When the news people wish to transmit pictures of naked girls, etc,
>they do not use MIME
>
>Now maybe they should use MIME, and maybe they will use MIME in
>the future, but today, MIME is still bleeding edge.

I have dropped into alt.binaries.*. Thanks to my newsreader (freeware), the
pictures there are a _mouseclick_ away from my harddrive. Even multi-part
posts take ONE mouseclick. MIME isn't even needed here. Capable clients
are. And they are avaialable today. All I am asking is that people start
using them instead of complaining how difficult it is to do things on the
net.

--Lucky [who promisses to shut up -- for now]