Mr Anonymous' ignorance and 10 threads

rishab at dxm.ernet.in rishab at dxm.ernet.in
Fri Dec 16 06:50:21 PST 1994

Mr. Anonymous the Anti-Mime should be very embarassed indeed:
> I think the point Tim is making is that at the current time, our lives
> are not made easier or enriched by "MIME".  If I want point and click
> spreadsheet opening, I can use other systems that have worked for 5
> years or more, with apps that are already configured and easier to use.

Mr. Anonymous seems to believe that MIME is a way to associate documents
with apps so that they start up on double-click! :-D

I don't really understand the need for such a huge 10% thread (SNR 1:10) on
MIME of all things (with most of it concentrating on transmitting pictures
and using dumb terminals). I have my own domain name and access the Net at
24+ kbps from multiple platforms all capable of running MIME, but I don't
post in MIME.

I agree with Tim that it's only rarely that MIME could add value to posts
on this list. When MIME readers do PGP nicely, then it would be something for
Cypherpunks to scream about.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh                                "In between the breaths is
rishab at dxm.ernet.in                                  the space where we live"
rishab at arbornet.org                                        - Lawrence Durrell
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA