McCoy is Right! New Mail Format to Start Now.

Perry E. Metzger perry at imsi.com
Thu Dec 15 19:32:36 PST 1994

"James A. Donald" says:

> So how can I do true graphical mime with the wondrous window
> like drag and drop features described by Perry on a
> Sparc 20

The mail handler that comes with the Andrew package does do the
graphics inline. You can just FTP it and compile it for your
machine. I don't know if it does drag and drop.

There is a commercial product called Zmail that is pretty good and
handles all the drag and drop (motif style) that you would want -- it
doesn't do the graphics inline, though -- it spawns new windows to
show the images. I understand you can get demos by FTP from the
company.

> Obviously, once you can drag and drop from html to mime and back
> again, and PGP is properly mimed, then we will have a tool
> such that even the chairman of the board will use PGP.

Well, people will first have to incorporate the new Security
Multiparts stuff into their MIME implementations -- its brand new
(just approved a week ago) so I suspect that it will take a bit of
time.

Perry