McCoy is Right! New Mail Format to Start Now.

James A. Donald jamesd at netcom.com
Thu Dec 15 15:35:31 PST 1994

James A. Donald says:
> > No two mimes seem to entirely agree what mime format is.

Perry E. Metzger writes
> Well, the specification is pretty clear. Its pretty simple stuff,
> actually, and remarkably well designed.

Quite true.

But the technology has not achieved the critical mass that you
need for most software producers to support it properly.

Sun does not support it, Microsoft screws it up royally last
time I looked.

Thus mime is, as Tim earlier complained, bleeding edge.

Netscape is leading edge.

Obviously mime is the right solution for Email in the
long run.

Equally obviously, none of the tools that I prefer to
use, on any of the systems that I have connected to
the internet, handle mime in a way that I am willing
to tolerate.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            jamesd at netcom.com