pgp library

Jim McCoy mccoy at io.com
Wed Dec 14 12:19:26 PST 1994

An anonymous person writes:
> Black Unicorn writes:
> >  The modular PGP project has been out there for almost a year.  Any
> >  progress on this front?  Does anyone care?
>
> I percieve a 'chilling effect' going on with PGP compatible application
> development.  Nobody wants to extract the core PGP code into a library
> because the code is dense and who wants to do that every update?

In addition to this, the code really sucks as far as modularity goes.  The
next big version of PGP, which is supposed to include library hooks, etc.,
will probably not be out for five or six months.  I do know of some people
who are interested in working on a PGP compatible library of crypto code,
but I am not quite sure what the status of that project is at this time...

jim