Clarification of my remarks about Netscape

James A. Donald jamesd at netcom.com
Tue Dec 13 11:37:40 PST 1994

I wrote:
> > But reality is that they have produced by far the coolest browser
> > there is, and they are bringing crypto to the masses, and you,
> > and Eric Hughes, and most of us, have not yet brought crypto
> > to the masses.

Perry E. Metzger writes
> You claim we haven't done anything and Netscape has.

Not what I claimed.

> ftp.csua.berkeley.edu has the swIPe code sitting right on it.
>
> Its being deployed by TIS in their new firewall products

I claimed you have not deployed crypto to the masses and they
have.  I did not claim that you have not deployed crypto and
and they have.

I am sick of you misrepresenting what I say, and I am sick of Eric
misrepresenting what I say.

Cut it out.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            jamesd at netcom.com