BofA+Netscape

Eric Hughes eric at remailer.net
Mon Dec 12 21:43:10 PST 1994

   From: jamesd at netcom.com (James A. Donald)

   Because they did not have any substance.  You claimed I was
   arguing from libertarian correctness.

Perhaps you don't know the meaning of whitespace and paragraph breaks.

I did claim you were arguing from libertarian correctness.  Now that's
just an insult, which I do not retract.

In a second paragraph, I began a new argument which did not depend on
your subjective state of mind.  I currently think that you just got a
weensy little inflamed and didn't bother to try to understand the
argument, projecting that the remainder must be similar.

   This was not the case, as you now implicitly acknowldge
   by belatedly addressing the argument I did make instead
   of the argument that you alleged I made.

Oh, please.  Go back and read what I originally wrote.  Perhaps I
overestimate your ability to ascertain relevance, though.

   The short of your argument is that Netscape will fragment the
   net by running out there and dumping something in the market
   place without consensing with all the big boys.

This is not an argument.  This is a premise.  I suggest you go back
and try to summarize what I actually said.  (Hint: it has to do with
game theory.)

Eric