Clarification of my remarks about Netscape

James A. Donald jamesd at netcom.com
Mon Dec 12 21:09:06 PST 1994

Someone who has never produced a really cool piece of software
that brings crypto to the masses wrote:

> > But no, you [Netscape] blindly forge ahead, so full of yourself that you
> > blissfully reinvent wheels (Perry), miss the real concerns of
> > the users (Me), disrupt the marketplace (Amanda), and generally
> > fail to think things through very well (Adam) or consider the work
> > of others (Perry).
> >
> > Your three biggest problems are: arrogance, arrogance and
> > arrogance.

Kipp E.B. Hickman writes

>       [Netscape's] intention is to support any development effort attempting
>       to implement an SSL conformant implementation. We will work with
>       you to repair the spec as needed to eliminate any errors or
>       ommisions, and help you test your implementation to ensure that
>       it interoperates with ours.

Guys, this is the greatest news.

How come the cypherpunks list is not singing and dancing and
saying how great this is, instead of whining and bitching
because Netscape is not all the way there yet.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            jamesd at netcom.com