Moto Secure Clear digital?

Michael Conlen meconlen at IntNet.net
Thu Dec 8 07:50:17 PST 1994

On Thu, 8 Dec 1994, Jonathan Cooper wrote:

> > I just got a second phone line, and decided that if I was going to get a 2-line
> > phone it might as well be a good one, so I am considering a Motorola Secure
> > Clear cordless 2-line phone with speakerphone. This will be quite an investment,so I was wondering whether the Secure Clear phones are digitally encrypted or
> > merely scrambled using some analog method. Anybody know about this? How secure
> > are these phones really? --Wes
>
>    As I understand it the system is a cheezy form of frequency
> inversion.  It'll stop your neighbors with a scanner, but that's about it.

For digital Encryption you would need a 900Mz phone. Finding one two
lines, depending on where you are might be a bit of a search. No 40-50Mz
phone I have worked with (Motorola, Toshiba, Panasonic) has used digital
encrytion. I would recomend ATT (no I'm not crazy) or Panasonic.

						Groove on dude
						Michael Conlen