Breaking the NSA

David K. Merriman merriman at metronet.com
Wed Dec 7 22:26:54 PST 1994

>Frenchie Wrote
>
>    Not that easy. They would just crack the code and *another*
>    acronym based agency would come up with a different reason to
>    seize you and your computer. It would seem unrelated to anyone
>    but *you* since you would know what you did but would have no
>    way to prove that your original infraction is why you are doin'
>    time.  Hope that makes some sense.
>
>Maybe.  What if the only way to do this was illegal?

Since when has that really stopped them? Or even slowed them down noticeably?

>    If it isn't something *really good* they probably wouldn't come after
>    you anyway.
>
>Whats the definition of GOOD?

How about....    the Skipjack algorithm :-)

>    #3 I can agree with. I don't think that NSA would tip their hand
>    and let on to us that they can read our stuff. At least
not directly.

>We may as well find out.

Knock yourself out. I got no desire to be Bubba's love toy.....

>    One more thing. Don't you think that they subscribe to the Cypherpunk
>    list just to see this kind of logic?
>

>Maybe
But isnt freedom of speech what this list is about and what your
>constitution does!

Granted that's what the U.S. Constitution _started out_ as - no telling
where things will end :-(

>    BTW....I ain't one of 'em
and I wouldn't tell if I was.   :)

>Prove it

Ri-i-i-i-i-ght!

Finger merriman at fohnix.metronet.com for PGP public key and fingerprint.
PGP encrypted Email welcome, encouraged, and preferred.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution
inevitable."  John F. Kennedy