Breaking the NSA

Adam Shostack adam at bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 7 15:02:54 PST 1994

	The NSA will not tell anyone if they can break RSA or IDEA.
Read the Codebreakers; they went through all sorts of contortions to
not let the Japanese know we had broken Purple.

	They may send the IRS, EPA, and other agencies after you to
harrass you, but they wouldn't tell you just because you sent code out
of the country.

	Alternately, they'll bug your computer, and claim thats how
they broke things.

Adam