gambling machines

Matthew Gream M.Gream at uts.EDU.AU
Sun Dec 4 16:42:55 PST 1994

`Jim McCoy' wrote:

> For people with beta digicash clients, try http://gamezone.io.com/
>
> IAs far as a real system goes, you will never see on running on a machine
> in the US in the near future; in addition to the regulatory BS involved in
> making magic money useful you would run into all kinds of wonderful
> gambling laws and regulation.

To exercise my ecash software I had a few goes at this and found at
least one problem; payments not honoured. In ten games I obtained two
four of a kinds, the first on a 0.25 bet which should have resulted in
a payment of 6.25. No payment as received. The second time it was on a
wager of 1.00,

-->
 You have won!

  Your final hand was a Four of a Kind. The winnings for this hand was
  $25. This sum is being deposited in your CyberWallet right now.
<--

again --- no payment received. Admittedly, four other small payments
succeeded, with values of less than and equal to 2.00 (for two of a
kinds and so on). I assume this is caused by some kind of bug, not any
deception on behalf of the operator; but it does illustrate a potental
problem as I really don't have any `proof' with which to challenge.

Not that I'm worried; it being a beta and all that. But one would
expect a `real' system to provide better assurances (wrt. payments
being honoured and guaranteed rates of return). Clearly we're
experimenting here.

mg.

--
Matthew Gream