Why nothing works <g> [Was: Mandatory sig workaround]

Rick Busdiecker rfb at lehman.com
Fri Dec 2 15:34:08 PST 1994

    From: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay at netcom.com>
    Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 19:30:58 -0800 (PST)

    > 3. Tim: "I don't want to have to download mail for processing. I
    > want to be able to do it all on Netcom's machine."

    A fair summary of the situation. And I consider the slight benefits of
    signing to not be worth the effort of changing the tools I  have
    managed to get working over the past couple of years.

I think that solution is clear: Buy your own netcom.

You don't need the size, so just buy a 486 and a domain name
(cypherpunks.org?).  Then, hire a CP hacker to Linuxize the 486,
slip/ppp it to some provider, and hook-up premail et al.  Anyone
selling Linux support contracts yet?

You can continue to do what you currently do on your Mac.  You'll just
be tcmay at cypherpunks.org instead of tcmay at netcom.com and you'll have
some crypto bells and whistles that you didn't have before.

			Rick