No Subject

Anonymous User remailer-admin at goldenbear.com
Thu Dec 1 21:16:24 PST 1994

I don't know what is going on here. This list seems to have
bogged down in meta-issues. I am very disappointed with
Eric Hughes' recent display of feather-fluffing. He seems
to fail to understand that the list has absolutely NOTHING
to do with him personally. The full subscriber base could
MOVE IMMEDIATELY if so inclined, and indeed the atmosphere
seems to be getting a bit oppressive here.

I hate to say this but it reminds me of when all the Detweiler
flames were erupting a long time ago. Detweiler seemed to
be especially enraged with the way that E.Hughes ran the list
in a dictatorial, "iron fist" way. He failed to understand
that his own role was merely that of a janitor, not a
celebrity with a personality cult. Is that all the cypherpunks
list is about? I tell you that this idea that "cypherpunks
code" does not mean anything. "cypherpunks talk about code
endlessly" but when it comes down to it, this whole list
is nothing but a lot of people STROKING EACH OTHER'S EGOS
while the outsiders (Phil Zimmermann, Ralph Levien) are the
only ones getting anything done!!