Clipper in the news...

Marcus J Ranum mjr at tis.com
Mon Aug 29 20:04:44 PDT 1994

	Just to give you an idea how far word of our favorite
technological innovation has spread, from this month's (Fall Collection)
issue of Vogue magazine:

	"...As for Orwell's telescreen, it's been replaced by the
personal computer. Networks like Prodigy have been warning users that
they will censor 'objectionable' messages, and the government is
threatening to install the Clipper Chip in computers, allowing it to
eavesdrop on digital transmissions. How to cope?"  [P. 172]

	...and I thought that Karl Lagerfeld's lineup was bad enough...

mjr.