Online cash, Internet, Pizza Hut

Timothy C. May tcmay at netcom.com
Fri Aug 26 18:38:21 PDT 1994

Jim Choate writes:

> Has anyone got any idea how Pizza Hut is handling their new real-time online
> pizza ordering service? As I understand it you can now order pizza over the
> internet if you are in the right locations.

I happen to be in exactly the right location, the Santa Cruz area,
from whence this idea originates, but I have no interest in such
gimmickry.

I say gimmickry because it is just using Mosaic ("home pizza pages," I
guess) to place the order, just as with a cellphone, a fax machine,
whatever. Payment is *not* made over the Net.

Ho hum. Sadly, it is already being dubbed "the first case of true
Internet commerce." Yeah, like the Coke machines on the Net so many
years ago were examples of Internet commerce.

Pure hype. Madison Avenue nonsense. Good for our tabloid generation.

--Tim May

tcmay at netcom.com       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero