Nuclear Weapons Material

Mike Duvos mpd at netcom.com
Thu Aug 25 07:41:17 PDT 1994

> Actually, to pick a nit, the first a-bomb exploded (Alamogordo) was a
> plutonium device.  The U235 design was dropped on Hiroshima untested.

The media was making a big deal last night about the seizure of
twenty pounds of U-238.  This, of course, is the non-radioactive
isotope of uranium in which trade is relatively unrestricted.  It does
make excellent shell casings and has a few other mundane industrial
uses.

I wonder why the issue of bomb parts is now being given such a
huge push in the press?

     mpd at netcom.com     $    via Finger.                      $