Using PGP on Insecure Machines

Ed Carp [Sysadmin] khijol!erc at apple.com
Wed Aug 24 20:38:02 PDT 1994

> At the risk of repeating what Tim's said in the past, shellscript
> wrappers are useless to people who use Macs, Windows/WinNT, and so on.
>
> At the risk of repeating what Tim, Perry, and several others have
> said, using PGP- with or without shell scripts- on a machine which you
> do not physically control is also risky.

I understand the first objection.  The second is moot if you're running
something other than a dumb tube at home.

I run Linux on a 486/25 at home, DOS/Windows on a 386SuX laptop on the
road.  Works for me.
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			Ed.Carp at linux.org, ecarp at netcom.com
Finger ecarp at netcom.com for PGP 2.5 public key		an88744 at anon.penet.fi
If you want magic, let go of your armor.  Magic is so much stronger than
steel!        -- Richard Bach, "The Bridge Across Forever"