Using PGP on Insecure Machines

Ed Carp [Sysadmin] khijol!erc at apple.com
Wed Aug 24 09:44:10 PDT 1994

> Also importantly, the user interfaces for PGP simply suck as it
> stands, making people like Tim uninterested in going through the
> rigamarole needed to use it on a day to day basis. The real revolution
> isn't going to come until people are able to use PGP and the rest both
> reasonably securely without it being especially noticable that they
> are doing so -- and that is a while off.

At the risk of repeating myself, what's the problem with wrapping PGP in
a shell script?  Works for me - see a previous mailing, complete with
wrapper scripts.  I can send either encrypted or just signed email
without especially noticing it.
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			Ed.Carp at linux.org, ecarp at netcom.com
Finger ecarp at netcom.com for PGP 2.5 public key		an88744 at anon.penet.fi
If you want magic, let go of your armor.  Magic is so much stronger than
steel!        -- Richard Bach, "The Bridge Across Forever"