An asshole using PGP

Ed Carp [Sysadmin] khijol!erc at apple.com
Wed Aug 24 06:45:21 PDT 1994

> I just received a PGP-encryptd message from Douglas Floyd, just after
> explaining carefully the work that's needed to decrypt PGP messages.
>
> I dutifully clipped the article, moved the text into my text editor,
> fired up MacPGP, entered my key, etc.

I don't mind so much Tim calling someone a prick in public (shit happens),
but I *do* find it ethically objectionable that Tim chose to post what was
essentially private email to the list.  The "instant reply"  feature of
the net tends to sometimes breed poor ethical choices based on anger,
rather than good sense.

No, Tim, this isn't a flame - just pointing out that to post private email
without permission is rather rude.
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			Ed.Carp at linux.org, ecarp at netcom.com
Finger ecarp at netcom.com for PGP 2.5 public key		an88744 at anon.penet.fi
If you want magic, let go of your armor.  Magic is so much stronger than
steel!        -- Richard Bach, "The Bridge Across Forever"