e$: buyinfo, internet commerce, and GMU

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sat Aug 20 14:53:41 PDT 1994

At  1:41 PM 8/20/94 -0400, Pat Farrell wrote:
>C'punks:
>
>There is another Professor Denning who is chair of a CS department
>in the Washington DC area. Here is a position paper that was
>published in a packet distributed at the 1992 Computers, Freedom, and
>Privacy conference (CFP-2) Washington DC.

[snip]

>Department of Computer Science    George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are some people from GMU ("Coalition for Electronic Markets;
George Mason Program on Social and Organizational Learning") talking about
superdistribution schemes (one put an article in the new Wired) and
internet commerce on the new (?) www-buyinfo list I just started watching.

The buyinfo folks seem to be reserecting the discussions which used to take
place on the imp-interest list, which has pretty much croaked.  They are
talking on buyinfo about secure mosaic, digital signatures, digital cash,
etc.

I think the list is driven by majordomo and its address is:

www-buyinfo at allegra.att.com

If anyone has comments on this bunch, it may be interesting to hear them here.

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga  (rah at shipwright.com) "There is no difference between someone
Shipwright Development Corporation     who eats too little and sees Heaven and
44 Farquhar Street                       someone who drinks too much and sees
Boston, MA 02331 USA                       snakes." -- Bertrand Russell
(617) 323-7923