In Search of Genuine DigiCash

Jim Miller jim at bilbo.suite.com
Tue Aug 16 11:14:43 PDT 1994

> "The proliferation of desktop publishing has brought a
> new  growth industry, the counterfeiting of virtually
> undetectable  fraudulent checks, and banks and law
> enforcement officials say  the cost to the economy could
> reach $1 billion this year.
>

> * * *
>

> The American Banking Association says [this] is the No. 1
> crime  problem facing banks.

This bring to mind the following question:  Is there anything inherent in
NON-anonymous digital cash schemes that make them more vulnerable to
fraud, bribery or inside jobs?   (I assume the schemes account for double
spending and "counterfeiting" (however that applies to digicash).)

Can a case be made that anonymous digicash is less risky (to a bank) than
NON-anonymous digicash?

Jim_Miller at suite.com