Tommy Tag Lines

Ben Goren ben at Tux.Music.ASU.Edu
Sun Aug 14 21:11:38 PDT 1994

On Sun, 14 Aug 1994, Tommy the Tourist wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Aug 1994, Tommy the Tourist wrote:
> > Soda's remailer has the IRRITATING feature of putting shit like
> > bombing buildings, drugs, et al at the bottom of anon posts/mail.
>
>   That is to intentionaly trip NSA programs what look for particular words
> and weed out the amount of work actual agents have to sort through for
> Internet intelegence work.
> [. . .]
> -----
> end transmission
> FBI Iran Iraq Nuclear North Korea NSA Pakistan PGP PLO TNT

Remember that note that Bruce Schneier sent some time ago about the
software the NSA was willing to make available for a price?

The NSA is more than capable enough to ignore NSA fodder, I would think.
If you want to write something that'll get looked at by a human, you'll
have to write the kind of thing that's likely to make you the target of an
investigation: "Tim, the supplier screwed up--the .5 Kg Pu shipment ain't
gonna happen. Though I guess you know that from reading the papers. I
think I can find some from Sergei's friend, but he's getting worried that
Mossad might be onto him. Found a sweed deal on 50 mg of *very* high grade
U235. Too bad we can't use it with our detonator."

Don't expect people to do that in numbers.

Besides, what terrorist savvy enough to use the 'net is going to be
ignorant of PGP? Or not be paranoid enough to find out about it?

b&

--
Ben.Goren at asu.edu, Arizona State University School of Music
 net.proselytizing (write for info): The battle is over; Clipper is