Tommy the Tourist's New Home

Mark Terka werewolf at io.org
Sun Aug 14 15:23:58 PDT 1994

On Sun, 14 Aug 1994 nobody at shell.portal.com wrote:

> werewolf at io.org (Mark Terka) wrote:
>

> > Ok, I take it this is the one that posts directly to the USENET groups?
>
> Yes it is, although I haven't seen any posts from "Tommy the
> Tourist" for several days, now.  A test post sent a few days ago
> has still not shown up.  Also, there seems to be some sort of

Ok, I'll try sending a post through myself just to see what happens.

> problem with soda's public key on chained remailings.  Even when
> the Usenet gateway was operational, chained posts where the
> message to soda was PGPed seemed to go into the bit bucket.

Hmmmm...glad someone esle was having this problem. Before they moved
I tried bouncing a chained message through soda (after using the CHAIN
program to prepare it) and soda must have barfed on it as it never made
it out the other end.

> Also, FYI, Matt Ghio's remailer now offers Usenet posting as
> well.

Actually, in a couple of recent posts to the more obscure message bases
in USENET I sent the posts first through ghio, then through hacktic,
and from hactic through the gateway at  news.demon.co.uk. The uk gateway
seems to work flawlessly, so I'll figure on sticking with that as my
anon gateway.

You know how it is...once you find a remailer(s)/gateway combo that
works, you tend to stick with it. I find lately i've been going with
wimsey/hacktic/ghio and then out through demon.co.uk.....it seems pretty
stable.

> > Well as of about 3pm EDT today they seemed to still be at
> > ftp.soda.berkeley.edu as I scooped a couple of files from that
> > site at that time.
>
> Through the magic of dual entries in a Domain Naming server
> somewhere, no doubt. Next time, you might try the new "csua" name
> and see if that's working, too.

Yeah, I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

By the way, anybody notice if the crypto archives at dsi.unimi.it are up?
I haven't been able to get through all day (Sunday).

Mark Terka     | werewolf at io.org             | public key (werewolf) by
Toronto,Canada | dg507 at cleveland.freenet.edu | public key server or request