e$

James A. Donald jamesd at netcom.com
Sun Aug 14 12:52:03 PDT 1994

Sheldon Glass writes:
> >  the plonk was the sound of your wadded up
> > email hitting the bottom of the trash can.  An entirely deserved
> > destination, in my opinion.  If you really believe in the sanctity of
> > govenrment and in the intelligence and integrity of the government
> > employees, then you're so far out of phase that discussion is pointless.

Jim Dixon writes
> I believe that government employees are drawn from the general population
> and the distributions of their attributes are roughly the same as those
> of the general population.  'Sanctity of government' is not a phrase or
> concept that I introduced.

You made a claim concerning our judicial and legal system,
a claim so far out of contact with reality that nobody can be bothered
to refute you.

Any judge who thought of the law the way you think of it is going
to be doing traffic cases, beggars, and prostitutes for the rest
of his life, assuming he is going to remain a judge.

Indeed even to become a lawyer one of the requirements is that you
can cite certain infamous judicial interpretations with a straight
face.

(None of the above statements should be read as implying that
Perry has ever been right about anything.) :-)

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we              James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.                jamesd at netcom.com