anonymous settlement

Eric Hughes hughes at ah.com
Wed Aug 10 16:52:51 PDT 1994

   >  Also, for anonymous
   > payment for such overseas services, anonymous transfer in at least one
   > of the two currencies is necessary.

   The last point is certainly not true.  If user X communicates with
   service A (a gateway) in one country to purchase something from
   service B in another country, X can settle accounts with A anonymously
   (say in US$) and then A and B can settle accounts with one another
   (say in sterling) openly.

May I point out that that in your example that X and A are performing
an anonymous transfer in dollars, which is one of the two currencies?

Eric