No more NSA supra-computer?

Ben.Goren at asu.edu Ben.Goren at asu.edu
Tue Aug 9 11:37:43 PDT 1994

Yesterday I was talking with a friend, and the subject of supercomputers
came up. Naturally, I mentioned the NSA 7000 Y-MP equivalent and Gunter
Ahrendt's list of supercomputers worldwide (finger
gunter at yarrow.wt.uwa.edu.au). My friend sent me a note this morning saying
that he couldn't find that machine on Gunter's list; sure enough, it's been
removed.

Anybody know what happened to this machine? Did they lose funding? Decide
it's not worth it? Is there some sort of subterfuge involved?

It would be nice to think the Congress killed it, or decided to give the
computer to a university, instead.

b&

--
Ben.Goren at asu.edu, Arizona State University School of Music
 net.proselytizing (write for info): We won! Clipper is dead!