winpgp 1.0 bugs

Ed Carp ecarp at netcom.com
Tue Aug 9 10:01:15 PDT 1994

Is there a newer version of winpgp than 1.0?  I've found what appears to be
several bugs in 1.0:

	1) if I attempt to encrypt more than one file, winpgp says
	   "Illegal function call" and terminates.

	2) if I encrypt a file with "Binary" checked, the resulting
	   file is named "<whatever>.PGP".  If I attempt to decrypt
	   this .PGP file, winpgp will only allow me to encrypt .PGP
	   files, but not decrypt them.

	3) if I encrypt a file with "ASCII" checked, the resultng
	   file is named "<whatever>.ASC".  If I decrypt this file,
	   pgp gives me an error message (apparently pgp is being called
	   with the "-d" option).  If I decrypt it by hand without the
	   "-d" option, PGP loses the file extension; i.e., XXX.DOC
	   encrypts to XXX.ASC, but decrypts to just XXX without the
	   .DOC extension.

I'm using pgp 2.6 and winpgp 1.0 running under windows 3.11 (workgroups).
Please email directly, as I don't have access to the list from work.

Thanks in advance for any assistance... :)
Ed Carp, N7EKG/VE3			Ed.Carp at linux.org, ecarp at netcom.com
Finger ecarp at netcom.com for PGP 2.5 public key		an88744 at anon.penet.fi
If you want magic, let go of your armor.  Magic is so much stronger than
steel!        -- Richard Bach, "The Bridge Across Forever"