NRO spoof & Wiretapping Bill

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Tue Aug 9 05:50:36 PDT 1994

Responding to msg by paul at hawksbill.sprintmrn.com (Paul
Ferguson) on Tue, 9 Aug  6:56 AM

The NY Times today also reports on the controversial NRO
headquarters.

Another long article reports on the wiretapping bill.

One quote:

"I'm not a great fan of wiretapping," said Rep. Don Edwards,
who is a former FBI agent and is viewed by many as a sort of
civil-rights sentry over the bureau.  "But it's legal and we
have to take care of it. . . . I don't think there will be
objections except perhaps from purists who don't like the idea
of Government listening in on conversations."

End quote.