broadcast encryption

Dave Horsfall dave at esi.COM.AU
Tue Aug 9 01:07:03 PDT 1994

On Thu, 4 Aug 1994, Bob Snyder wrote:

> This may be blasphomey on this list, but I don't have a problem with the
> restriction on obscuring the meaning of transmissions on the amateur bands.

Etc.  I've been using PGP for authenticating my packet messages for
some months, for precisely the reasons you outlined.  I get the
occasional "stop wasting bl**dy bandwidth" but most of the time it
results in more PGP users.  I'm also careful to explain that PGP can't
be used to prove I did NOT write an unsigned nasty-gram (until we get
true authentication within the BBS, by which I hope the concept of a
BBS will disappear :-) but it makes a strong case if I sign ALL my
bulletins.

Yes, we get forged messages on Amateur packet radio; some of them are
quite defamatory.

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU) | dave at esi.com.au | VK2KFU @ VK2AAB.NSW.AUS.OC | PGP 2.6
Opinions expressed are mine. | E7 FE 97 88 E5 02 3C AE  9C 8C 54 5B 9A D4 A0 CD