No Subject

an118 at vox.hacktic.nl an118 at vox.hacktic.nl
Sun Aug 7 23:06:14 PDT 1994

I saw an interesting post in sci.crypt last week about a particular cypher.
I think it ws called "The Penknife Cypher" or something along those lines.
I guess I have been so PGP oriented that i've sort of stuck my head in the
sand and ignored other possibilities regarding encryption.

ARE there any other good cypher's out there, suitable for e-mail usage?
And more importantly, are they readily available, likely through ftp
from some European source. I guess it doesn't matter how popular they are,
but how secure they are. I'd be interested in a strong one for usage between
a couple of friends and myself. The keys could be spread via PGP and
then I suppose we could start using the cypher.

Any ideas? Or is my best bet to pickup Schneir's Applied Cryptography and
use an algorithim from that?

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to  help at vox.hacktic.nl
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin at vox.hacktic.nl
Direct replies to the sender of this message are -not- anonymised    <YuK>