What are Appropriate Topics?

Eric Hughes hughes at ah.com
Fri Aug 5 22:37:16 PDT 1994

   In fact, "Cypherpunks write code" is just one manifestation of the idea
   that we can actually change the world through the technological
   development of privacy-enhancing systems.

All the coding in the world doesn't matter if we don't know what we
want.  Political discussions which have some relevance to the
technical information structure of society are relevant here.  It all
reduces to writing code in the end, but it's not all just writing
code.

I remind everyone that the phrase "cypherpunks write code" is directed
at every control freak, tyrant, oppressor, and spy out in the world.
I am not going to whine; I am going to do something, and much more
than just vote.

Let the complainers and the enforcers of dogma leave, and may the
doers and thinkers be welcome and remain.

Eric