Latency vs. Reordering (Was: Remailer ideas (Was: Re: Latency vs. Reordering))

Eric Hughes hughes at ah.com
Fri Aug 5 20:36:16 PDT 1994

Back to the start, I guess.

>   Specifically cryptographic elements are easily added to the system
>       *	packets can be delayed for random intervals

Let me repeat:

REORDERING IS OF PRIMARY IMPORTANCE FOR REMAILER SECURITY.

ADDING LATENCY IS NOT.

And I don't want to hear any excuses that you can say latency and mean
reordering, because that's self-delusion.  Not only is it false, but
misleading.  Reordering is necessary for security, and latency is a
by-product.  You don't get security by adding by-products.

Eric