Egalitarianism vs. Strong Cryptography

Jim McCoy mccoy at io.com
Wed Aug 3 16:22:07 PDT 1994

mpd at netcom.com (Mike Duvos) writes:
[...]
> Network shopping services which use strong crypto and
> non-standard DigiCash protocols to avoid a painless VAT will have
> poor propagation, limited access, negative PR, and few customers.

Wanna bet?  All it would take is one entity to set up a service of
converting untracable digicash tokens into the appropriate tracable tokens
under the name of a pseudo-account at the service.  Now I can use my
digicash tokens for everything under the regulated system, _and_ I can use
them at digicash-only services...

jim