Anonymous code name allocated. // penet hack

Jamie Lawrence jamiel at sybase.com
Mon Aug 1 16:20:52 PDT 1994

At  2:53 PM 08/01/94 -0700, Lyman Hazelton wrote:

>  No, and I don't either, but now someone else can use those accounts and
>LOOK like they are you or me (or anyone else here).  Now suppose some
>twit decides to use one or more of those accounts to send threatening
>messages to the president or some other stupid thing... who are they
>going to come after, do you suppose?  NOT a nice scenario!

Looks like the perfect way to 'prove' the need for
stamping out anonymous communications...Run a hack
like this, turn it into a huge madia event, realize
an innocent was falsely accused becuase of some psycho
pervert computer geek, and push through your law.
Slicker than Polly Klaas, and almost as good for re-
election material (apologies to non-Californians).