Labeling Usenet articles.

Jonathan Rochkind jrochkin at cs.oberlin.edu
Mon Aug 1 11:39:59 PDT 1994

> No, I think he's essentially talking about a 'secure' moderated newsgroup.
> That is, the moderator(s) would sign each 'authorised' message with a
> special key, and the newsreader would verify that it was signed by a

Ah, now I understand, thanks. Actually, now that I see what you're getting
at, this _does_ seem like a good idea. I think moderated newsgroups can
be useful in some circumstances (sure, including a fundie newsgroup), and
it would be nice to have a cryptographically secure system of doing this,
that cant' be easily circumvented like the present one.

And I agree that scripts using PGP do seem capable of doing this, rather then
writing some new software. This actually is quite a good idea.