CIA & FBI, a marriage made in ___?

Blanc Weber blancw at microsoft.com
Fri Apr 29 19:47:05 PDT 1994

From: Black Unicorn

Uni: "The hinge question is what I, or you, mean by "concepts of law."

What I understand by concepts of law is "methods of coercion & constraint".

Uni: ". . . In my framework, I feel it is consistent to embrace the
constitution and its doctrine while still resisting regulation."

In my earlier statement, that "I'm not seeing the consistency in
embracing the concepts of the law, while questioning the regulation of
crypto through law enforcement",  I was contrasting endorsing the use
of coercion while at the same time resisting its use.

In the framework of a lot of legislators, they would appear to embrace
the doctrine of the Constitution while yet substituting mindless
coercion for intelligent understanding of the intent of the
Constitution. I don't think that it was the intent of this document to
establish a more perfect government by those means.

What is regulation, but the threat of the use of coercion & constraint?
What is a domestic policy which does not involve regulation?
That which is being regulated must appear to require this from having a
potential for crime, in which case isn't this why it would be
classified as a "crime problem" needing "political attention through
law enforcement" (from their perspective)?

Blanc