Applied Cryptography

Christian D. Odhner cdodhner at indirect.com
Fri Apr 29 14:30:34 PDT 1994

On Sat, 30 Apr 1994, Darren Reed wrote:

> Saw it on a bookshelf here, yesterday, for AUS$86.00.
>
> Next to it was anoher book on Cryptography, for $97.95 by "Rhee", I didn't

I don't have a clue about this other book.

> Are either of these worth their weight in gold ? (so to speak)

Applied Cryptography could easily be renamed 'the cypherpunk's bible' in
my opinion. It cost me about US$50, and it was definatly worth it. What
makes it valuable is that it's focus is on the implimentation of crypto,
not just the big math. It deals extensively with the different protocalls
as well as all the major algorithims. I recomend it highly.

Happy Hunting, -Chris.

Christian Douglas Odhner     | "The NSA can have my secret key when they pry
cdodhner at indirect.com	     | it from my cold, dead, hands... But they shall
pgp 2.3 public key by finger | NEVER have the password it's encrypted with!"
cypherpunks         WOw            dCD           Traskcom          Team Stupid
  Key fingerprint =  58 62 A2 84 FD 4F 56 38  82 69 6F 08 E4 F1 79 11