PGP Question:

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 28 15:31:23 PDT 1994

> Sorry Derek, you lost me on this one.  Why should there be
> signature revocations?  When you sign a key, all you are vouching

There are a number or real reasons.  Maybe you got coerced into
signing they key, or you think that maybe the key was signed
incorrectly, or maybe that person no longer uses that email address,
because they lost the account, or that maybe you don't believe that
the binding of key to userID is valid for any number of reasons.

That is why signature revocations should exist.  Comments?

-derek

         Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, G MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board (SIPB)
    Home page: http://www.mit.edu:8001/people/warlord/home_page.html
       warlord at MIT.EDU    PP-ASEL     N1NWH    PGP key available